Thailand is known for its easy-going tourist visa policy for Indian citizens. The policies applicable to the Thailand visa for Indians are quite lenient, and you can apply for a Thailand visa on arrival for Indians. These visas are suitable for those who intend to visit Thailand for a short vacation of 10-15 days. It is easy to attain and serves as a convenient Thailand visa for Indians. This visa is not the only one, but fear not, we have got you covered on any possible questions you may have about the Thai visa application procedures and what-not. It sounds like a Herculean task, but in reality, it is a minor part of a larger vacation or trip.
Validity and Issuing the Thailand Visa
The visa is valid for 15 days or two weeks and will be provided as soon as you enter any of the following checkpoints:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok.
- Don Mueang Airport, Bangkok
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiang Mai
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong (Pattaya)
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui)
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint (Sukhothai)
- Chiangrai Airport, Chiang Rai
- Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Phangan)
- Hua Hin Airport, Hua Hin
- Trang Airport, Trang (Koh Chang)
- Krabi International Airport, Krabi
DID YOU KNOW?
While these checkpoints can be visited for air arrival, there are other checkpoints. Indian citizens entering from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Malaysia will receive a Bangkok visa for Indians on arrival at land checkpoints. So, there are many ways for an Indian citizen to access the on-arrival visas. It is to be noted that each checkpoint follows a set of customs. Therefore, be sure to read up on the location you will be collecting your visa from. It helps to go in prepared for the worst.
Thailand Visa Requirements
- The Thailand tourist visa requirements are as follows:
- Indian Citizen Passport is valid for a minimum time frame of 30 days or a month. It will be necessary for you to fly in and fly out.
- Air tickets for both trips in and for flying out of Thailand within the next 15 days. Of course, these will serve as evidence for your eligibility for the visa’s time restraint.
- One passport-sized (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- The filled visa application form and the Thailand Arrival Card, which you will be provided with on the flight are absolute necessities.
- The address of the hotel you are staying in Thailand and confirmation for the booking. There are many good sites for you to book your hotel on.
- Evidence that your funds sum up to a minimum of 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family throughout your stay in Thailand. While it is a rare occurrence to ask for funds, you should be able to provide it. All currencies are accepted as long as the conversion is correct and shows that your trip will be sustained by your earnings.
Must Read: Visa Interview – Questions, Answers, Tips
These are requirements which must be met for the approval of the Thailand visa for Indians. So, you must be conscious of carrying these documents with you after applying for the Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians. Just like tickets for a film, they guarantee you access to a country filled with summer wonders.
Thailand Visa Free For Indians: Cost Of The Visa
A recently passed waiver on the fees has attracted and brought about a flurry of Indian tourists to all parts of Thailand. The waiver reduces the price to – literally speaking – nothing. The Thailand visa cost has been made 0 THB until April 2020. Tourists all over India are naturally rushing to visit Thailand for this reason, of course, paired with the blue waters and sunny beaches.
However, if you visit outside this period, the visa will cost you 2000 THB. This is only accepted in Thai baht; the local currency. So, do carry this amount in cash if you are visiting after the mentioned duration of time. They will not accept any other modes of payment.
E-Visa and Others
If you are looking at extending the limit of 15 days for your stay in Thailand, you will be required to apply for the visa available online. You can apply for an Electronic Visa on Arrival of course, but due to the chances of glitching it is safer to go with the physical copy.
A Thai Single Entry Visa will benefit those who intend to spend more time in Thailand. It can be applied for at the Thai Embassy in New Delhi. This Thai Visa for Indians permits for a longer stay in Thailand. Indian citizens applying here or at the Consulate in Mumbai are expected to deal with a Thai Visa cost of 2500 INR.
Visibly, there are various methods to apply for a visa which permits you to extend your stay beyond 15 days. While these are comparatively expensive, they do allow for more time. They are also in your hand when you land in Thailand so the customs are shorter.
As you can see, the Thai visa for Indians is not too difficult to acquire. Depending on your purpose, there are many forms of visas for which an Indian must apply. While it sounds like a challenging to apply for it and then wait for it, there is very little to it. You just need to apply for it online and receive it at the airport instead of your home address. Which is, far more practical for you. You do not need to worry about losing it on the way. Instead, you just get on the plane, collect the card, get down after a relaxing flight and get your visa.
Also Read: What is a Sponsorship Letter for Visa?
To conclude this, we all now know that it is compulsory for Indians to attain a Thailand visa for Indians. There is a visa on arrival option which is currently free but is affordable nevertheless. This visa can be collected from a number of checkpoints and is valid for 15 days. Those seeking for a longer stay can apply for a pre-made Visa at the Consulate in Mumbai or the Embassy in Delhi for a moderately higher price. See? It is not as complicated as you would have thought it was when you started planning for your trip. Now that you know more about the technicalities of it do not hold back. Book those tickets and apply ASAP because who doesn’t like spending their vacation on a good old beach?