If you are wondering how to apply for UK Tourist visa from India, then here is a blog which has got all the details. In comparison to applying for a Schengen visa, UK visa is way more uncomplicated. It’s a simple task, to be precise. You only need to remember some information crucial to get all things done on time. Along with filing the application online, you also need to go for a face to face interview. And, also have some required documents in place. Applying for a visa is about a lot of documents, and the right ones. Being meticulous would help you go ahead seamlessly in this process.
Know In-Depth: How to get your Schengen visa from India?
Requirement for applying for UK tourist visa from India:
Best, if you can make a list and follow that. Things would be way easier and faster. So, here are those requirements you need. You can also fill up the application form online.
- Fill up the application form three months prior to your date of travel. Make sure that you do not confirm your travel bookings unless your visa has been issued.
- In case there is any change of schedule from your end, like if you wish to change the appointment date or time, you need to resubmit the application. It is best if you think over and give a confirmed date at the first chance.
- Documents which are absolutely essential for your UK tourist visa from India are a valid passport with two blank pages, visa fees receipt, and appointment confirmation.
- You also need to submit two photographs (size: 45mm X 35mm). The photo specifications differ for every country. So, make sure you follow the guidelines mentioned while getting your photo clicked.
- A signed and dated copy of your online application form needs to be carried on the date of your interview. Carry all the necessary documents which you had mentioned in your online application form.
- If you have applied for settlement visa, carry a signed and dated self-assessment form.
- Best, if you can apply through a priority visa service. That way, your form would be reviewed faster and also the process would be quick.
- Carry the official sponsorship documents if you have applied under the same.
- Carry all original photocopies of your identity, education and address proof.
Research your visa type:
Before you apply for your KK tourist visa from India, research the type of visa you would like to apply for. The UK visas and Information website is the perfect place to get all your doubts cleared and questions answered. Check what all documents you would need in order to complete this. Also, each visa type requires different documentation. Carefully check your visa type and then apply.
UK Tourist visa from India information:
It takes around 15 working days in general for your UK visa to be approved. But, that’s just applicable for non-settlement visa which is UK visitor visa from India. If you have denied or overstayed your visa in the UK or other Schengen countries, it might take longer than 15 days.
Do you wish to stay for a longer period of time in the UK?
The charming beauty of UK appeals to everyone. It has never been that one goes to the UK just once and never want to go back. So, if you are one of them and wish to overstay, then you need to get in touch with the British High Commission. You can stay in the UK up to six months if you are granted permission for the same. And, that too each time! Visas like those are valid up to 1,2,5 or even 10 years.
UK visa cost India
UK visitor visa from India would cost you around 83 pounds while the long-term ones would be around 737 pounds.