Planning to travel abroad but apprehensive about the much-hyped and tedious process of getting the visa? You don’t have to fret about it anymore when we are there to help you out. Many countries offer visa on arrival for the Indian passport holders. You can easily avoid the hassle one has to go through in the visa application process from standing in queues, interview, documentation etc.
This article provides you with a list of exotic destinations in the world where you don’t need a visa. Choose any one or multiple countries from the list below to enjoy your summer break or honeymoon. Here goes the list:
- Sri Lanka
Let’s look at these countries and what it has in store for you in detail to give you the perfect bird’s eye view of these places to take the wise decision.
The 80 islands that form this beautiful holiday destination is a sight to watch out for at least once in your lifetime. Maldives is one of the most preferred countries in Asia from tourists not only from India but from around the world. Every tourist is panegyric about this exotic destination that provides visa on arrival to Indians. You will experience the pristine blue waters and the soft sand with gorgeous views that your eye lens has ever captured.
Also read: How to get Schengen visa from India
Experience the underwater diving, seafood, sunbath, water sports, island walking and whatnot. There are places in the likes of National Museum, Islamic Centre, Manta Reef, Addu city etc. to explore. The best time to visit Maldives is from November to April when it looks even more vivacious.
- Important Fact: Visa on arrival for Indians is for a maximum of 30 days only and tourists must carry all the necessary documents. Make sure to have a return ticket or visa for onward journey to another country
- Tip: Do carry a couple of photographs with the proof of accommodation without which you have to shell out $100 plus $50 per day of stay
- Activities & Attractions: Diving, Snorkelling, Luxurious Houseboats, Underwater Ride, Coral Reefs, Beach Sports
Another jewel of the Asian continent that wins everyone’s heart with the scenic charms it has in the likes of Bali and Ubud. Explore the most relaxed beaches in the world and see the most serene sunset ever possible. Visit the town of Ubud to get the cultural flavour of the country. Also, don’t forget to include the capital city of Jakarta in your itinerary. Jakarta has museums, monuments and local markets for the Indonesian cuisine.
With umpteen options to choose from the swankiest pubs, flamboyant rooftop bars, the nightlife of Bali is one of the best you can find anywhere in Asia. The best time to visit here is from May to September. This is one Asian country you should choose for your next holiday owing to the myriad attractions and nightlife in this no visa for Indians list.
- Important Fact: Visa on arrival for Indians is for a maximum stay of 30 days. The cost of visa for Indians is a minimal $25-30 per person. Also, one needs to have enough cash to survive in Indonesia and the return ticket also needs to be shown to the authorities.
- Tip: This island nation predominantly runs on tourists that flock here every year from different parts of the world, thus it does get crowded and expensive in the peak season.
- Attractions: Ubud, Mount Batur, Tanjung Putting National Park, Flores Island, Bukit Lawang, Komodo National Park, Lombok
An archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, Seychelles inadvertently happens to be the most favoured nation for honeymoon couples. Seychelles has lush green rainforests and private beaches making it seem as if it is some gift to humankind. The best time to visit this wonderland is in the April-May and October-November period. This country is symbolically a minuscule dot on the world map in the Indian Ocean; it is small geographically. But, once you reach there, your perspective will be changed on witnessing this small yet a wonderful country.
Seychelles is a somewhat isolated but dreamy location which you must have seen in movies with copious jaw-dropping scenic beauty. This is one country that provides free visa for Indians and a country that you will not regret visiting. There are UNESCO sites, the rare black parrot is found here only, 6th best beach in the world you will get to see everything here. Come and see for yourself
- Important Fact: Seychelles is pretty magnanimous when compared to its peers when it comes to providing visa on arrival for Indians. They give you visa for a stay of 3 months which also can be extended.
- Did you know: Seychelles has the smallest capital city in the world which is Mahe, but it has everything from 70 beaches to Morne Seychellois National Park.
- Tip: Seychelles offers visa on arrival/visitors permit to Indians free of cost. By paying SCR 5000 (₹26000), you can extend your visa up to a year
- Attractions: Anse Georgette, Anse Lazio, Anse Source D’Argent, Curieuse Island, Coco Island and Petite Anse
The South Pacific Oceania region is bestowed and blessed to have the breathtaking Fiji islands coexisting with the “Ring of Fire”. The best time of the year to visit Fiji is between October and December. Fiji has charming beaches, exuberant nightlife, serene marine life, scrumptious food and super friendly benevolent locals.
In a nutshell, an ideal and secluded destination to escape from the cacophony of the metros. Come here and remain lost in this charming land of Fiji, a country that offers visa on arrival for Indians. Also, for shopaholics, this place is bliss as the shopping is duty-free here, spend as much you want and carry multiple souvenirs back to your home.
- Important Fact: Fiji is equally magnanimous as Seychelles when it comes to providing visa on arrival for Indians. Authorities have made Fiji a visa-free country for Indians and thus give visa for a visit of 4 months on providing the proof of sufficient funds with a return ticket
- Did you know: Fiji comprises of more than 332 islands and close to 9,00,000 population, of which 87% live in the two biggest islands of Fiji
- Tip: Carry few passport size photos and make sure one of the passport pages is empty for the Fiji visa
- Attractions: Denarau and Mamanuca Islands, the Kula Eco Park, Sabeto Hot Springs, Mount Tomanivi and the Sigatoka Sand Dunes
Does this dreamland need any introduction? Well, any description is an understatement, such is the charm of this territory. We will still try and justify its beauty in words. Mauritius is predominantly an island nation and an exotic destination that is favoured my millions of tourists around the world. You can almost do anything here take a sunbath, relax by the waters, play beach sports, dance with on the local beats or go on clicking pictures of the breathtaking view of Mauritius.
Mauritius can be silent or even exuberant, you will feel as it is crowded when actually it is. The ideal time to visit this country is from May to December when it look even more eye appealing. The capital city of Port Louis is alone enough to spend an entire week in this country. The best part is that the free Visa for Indians, which is the most soothing factor before visiting the country.
- Important Fact: Mauritius allows for a visa on arrival for Indians for a maximum of 2 months provided the tourists have sufficient funds to enjoy Mauritius ($100 per day), confirmed return ticket, accommodation booking confirmed details etc.
- Did you know: Mauritius is actually an Afro-Asian country and the only African country to have a Hindu majority
- Tip: Carry a sponsorship letter for your Visa to be given to the authorities. Also, do visit Chamarel, a village which has 7 coloured layers of sand
- Attractions: Chamarel, villages are Ile Aux Cerfs, Flic en Flac and Tamarin. You must also explore Blue Bay, Mont Choisy and the Seven Coloured Earths, Central Market, Skydiving.
Situated in Africa, Madagascar gives you myriad reasons to select it as the destination for your next vacation. Madagascar has a bustling capital city which is full of life, it has splendorous of nature, it has wildlife and many national parks, and it also has coastal gems like Nosy Be and Nosy Boraha. The landscape is exhilarating and above it, the amazing food is the icing on the cake, a delight for any connoisseur. The place is no less beautiful than the movie Madagascar portrayed it to be, exactly as charming as the director showed in the movie.
When we speak of natural reserves, flora and fauna, Madagascar is home to many of them and is rather renowned for such reserves. The island is so humongous that it can be counted as the single continent in itself. In a nutshell, this place which offers free visa on arrival to Indians is a must-visit place once in your lifetime.
- Important Fact: Madagascar allows you to explore the place for 30 days freely, the stay till a month is free, no visa for Indians
- Did you know: Madagascar is classed as one of the world’s 17 megadiverse countries that are considered to be home to the majority of the world’s biodiversity.
- Tip: Take permission from the locals there before capturing any visual in your digicam or mobile, else they might lose their patience
- Attractions: Antananarivo, The Baobabs, Tsingy of Bemaraha, Ranomafana National Park, Ifaty and Tulear, Nosy Boraha
Jordan is exemplary of an ideal blend of history meeting the age-old traditions, you ought to visit this place once before you breathe your last. Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra which has immense archaeological, architectural and historical value. Petra is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and also listed in “28 Places to see before you die.”
Jordan has many things for everyone, you will not get bored here, that is for sure. March to May is the perfect time to visit this architectural la-la land. Just go and get flabbergasted by the charms of the wonderful and the Lost City of Petra. All this is worth it when the country offers visa-free travel for Indians.
- Important Fact: Indians planning to visit this architectural wonder can plan for a maximum of 2 weeks as Jordan gives 2 weeks visa on arrival for Indians. The fees for getting this visa is $60. Tourists also should carry $1000 to cover their expenses and a confirmed return ticket
- Did you know: In Jordan, it’s considered polite to refuse a meal three times before accepting it
- Tip: Floating in the Dead Sea is one such attraction which you cannot afford to miss out on.
- Attractions: the Dead Sea, Lost City of Petra, Mount Nebo, Amman, Wadi Rum, Jerash, Aqaba, Madaba, Dana Biosphere Reserve, Irbid, Aljoun
The country is known for its prosperity and the one who took the initiative in 2011 to start Gross National Happiness index. Bhutan or as it is colloquially referred to as the Kingdom of Happiness or the Land of Thunder Dragon comes across as mighty but in reality, it is high humble. The stunning landscape, coupled with a rich tradition and fascinating culture, Bhutan is the best discovery by Indian owing to its proximity and these factors.
The period from October to December is the best time to visit Bhutan when it blooms like no other place in the world. Apart from being a country without visa for Indians, Bhutan also is inexpensive yet so amazing place to explore for Indians. If internal peace is your calling, then Bhutan is the place for you. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags, book your tickets and visit Bhutan.
- Important Fact: Indians does not need a visa to enter and explore Bhutan, it falls under country without visa for Indians. A valid passport with 6 months validity will work fine for the proof of residence
- Did you know: The natives of Bhutan prefer happiness over wealth, still wondering why they rank so high on happiness index?
- Tip: You can reach Bhutan either by air or by road. If you’re opting to drive then permits might be needed from Bhutan authorities in advance else take the aerial route, save time and reach early
- Attractions: Tiger’s Nest, The Punakha and Thimpu Dzong, The Buddha Dordenma, Monasteries, Rinpung Dzong, Main Street, National Museum of Bhutan
Cambodia has a lot to attract you with its scenic charms, architectural and historical wonders. If you’re a history buff then Angkor Wat is the place for you, if you want old-world charm or ecological balance then also Cambodia won’t disappoint you. It has lots and lots in store to show you on your next visit to this visa-free country for Indians.
There are effigies of Lord Vishnu, Shiva and other deities in the magical temple of Angkor Wat, you ought to check that out on your next visit. Even if you’re a wildlife enthusiast, then Cambodia has that in abundance, the ecosystem is so eclectic. Cambodia to summarise is one good country that offers visa on arrival to Indians and a country that will help you discover yourself.
- Important Fact: Cambodia offers visa on arrival to Indians for a maximum stay of 30 days, one should be ready to shell out $40 to procure an e-visa.
- Did you know: In Cambodia, it is considered impolite to point the bottom of your feet towards someone? Additionally, it would be completely unacceptable to point your feet towards anything sacred, such as an image of Buddha
- Tip: Make sure to have all the necessary documents, proof of stay, passport size photo, confirmed return ticket, and passport that is valid for 6 months
- Attractions: Angkor Wat, Bayon, Lara Croft at the Ta Prohm Temple, Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Choeung Ek, the Royal Palace
10. Sri Lanka
This beautiful neighbour of India is bountiful when it comes to natural wonders and eye-appealing views. Sri Lanka has tea plantations (4th largest tea exporter of the world), serene beaches, delectable Lankan cuisine, memorable trysts, forts, monasteries, national parks and whatnot. In a way, Sri Lanka has historical remains which are proof of how much they are attached to their cultural values. And, it also has modern-day designs and architectures, Sri Lanka is actually a perfect blend of both.
The country has myriad places to explore and enjoy in the likes of Galle, Dambulla, Colombo etc. A top priority for an Indian family or couple yearning to go out from India to a country which doesn’t have visa requirement. Sri Lanka provides visa on arrival to Indians at a nominal price. Don’t wait and do the bookings of your flight and hotel.
- Important Fact: This process is online as Indians need an Electronic Travel Authorization upon entering the country. It acts as a visa only and is valid for 30 days.
- Did you know: Sri Lanka was first colonised by the Portuguese in 1505, then the Dutch rule in 1658 and then the British in 1796. Eventually, it gained full independence in 1948
- Attractions: Adam’s Peak, Temple of the tooth, Ella Rock, Citadel of Sigiriya, Nuwara Eliya, Polonnaruwa, Old Dutch Fort (Galle), Yala National Park
So, these were our best picks in this edition of 10 countries that offer visa on arrival for Indians. There are many other countries that offers this provision like Nepal, Macau, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Dominica, British Virgin Island, Haiti, and St. Lucia etc. We have chosen the best from the lot in terms of tourists footfall round the year, cultural significance, ease of travelling etc. We hope you got some idea about these countries that offer free visa to Indians or no visa for Indians and now you make a prudent choice in selecting the right country for yourself.