Oman is a beautiful Arab country located in the south-east of the Arabian Peninsula. Yemen surrounds it in the southwest and Saudi Arabia in the west. Oman is different from other Gulf nations and amazes foreign visitors with its 1,700 kilometres beautiful coastline. This stunning coastline where the desert meets the ocean is an actual attraction for the divers that are searching for stunning coral reefs. The nation’s air temperature and climate are dry and hot but wet at the seaside.
The alliance between India and Oman is assumed to have existed since the 7th century. The Indians make up about 20% of the total population, so the presence of Indians in Oman is immense. Indian people frequently travel to Oman, and for that, they need Oman visa for Indians. There are several Oman visa types issued by the Government of Oman to Indian nationals. This article will guide you how you can get Oman visa for Indians.
- Types of Oman visa
- Oman visa requirements Oman
- Visa application centers – Oman embassy in India
- Visa tracking
- Visa processing time
- Oman visa Fees
Types Of Oman Visa
The different types of Oman Visa’s are
1. Tourist visa
Oman Tourist visas are given to foreign citizens who want to visit Oman for tourism purposes. The holder of this visa may stay in the country for one month, which is extendable. Multiple visits to the country with a single tourist visa are not allowed. If the holder of the visa remains resides in the country after the visa expires, he or she must pay Rs.1725 every day as a fine. The time required to issue a tourist visa is five working smooth.
2. Business visa
If you want to start your own business in Oman to sell your product or service, then you will need to apply for an Oman business visa. You may need to convince that your business will be profitable and will make a positive contribution to their economy. If you are also planning to invest heavily in Oman, then your Oman business visa processing should go ahead smoothly.
3. Employment/work visa
If a person wants to work in Oman or want to make a career in the country, or even work for a short duration, he or she must apply for an Oman work visa. When applying for this visa, you will need to submit the job offer letter, which will make your visa processing easy. The applicant for an employment visa must be at least 21 years old. The visa is valid for three months from the date of issue. The visa is valid for an extension and permits multiple entries to the country.
Some of the visa requirements that require the applicant to seek authorization for an employment visa in Oman are as follows:
- The visa holder’s employer must be a resident of Oman.
- Every information provided in the application form must also be accurate.
- The holder of the visa must be between 21 and 60 years of age.
- The personal data of the holder of the visa, such as age and sex, should be the same as those stated in the work permit approved by the Directorate-General for Labor.
- The applicant’s profession, while applying for an employment visa, should be the same as that indicated in the work permit.
Also read: What is a Sponsorship Letter for Visa?
4. Student visa
Students seeking to pursue higher studies in Oman will be required to apply for Oman visa from India. You have to mention the name of the course you are going to take in Oman, duration of the course, the letter of admission from the institute you are going to study, and no objection certificate from the institution you are going to pass in India. Students from different countries can have great opportunities to pursue different courses. The student visa is valid for six months from the date it was issued. A student visa holder in Oman will be able to stay in the country for 1-2 years from the date of arrival. The visa holder’s stay period can be extended if the corresponding educational institute can give a letter stating extension. A holder of a student visa can experience numerous country visits.
Oman Visa Requirements
Documents required for getting tourist Oman visa
- Passport- A passport is a document that is needed at the time of international travel. This shall be issued by the Government of the country to verify the identity and nationality of the candidate. The passport submitted should comply with the parameters set out below.
- It must be authentic and real.
- It must be valid for 6 months before the duration of the stay.
- It must have at least two blank pages for a visa stamp.
- It must not be torn, cut, broken or damaged in any way.
2. Photograph- The image will be given to the authority so that you can be identified based on the same. Photographs must be provided according to the photo requirement.
- It must cover the face of 80 per cent of the frame.
- It’s needed to be clicked on the whole blue background.
- One copy of the picture to be submitted with general photo guidelines.
- It must be of the correct size with measurements of 35×45 mm (length-45 mm, width-35 mm).
- It’s got to have a matte finish.
- It’s got to be the latest photograph.
- Face expression must be neutral.
- No glasses shall be worn in the photograph.
- The hair has to be tied back so that the face is clearly visible.
- The ears should be clearly visible.
- It must have no headgear worn except for religious reasons.
- It’s important to take care that your teeth are not shown in the photograph.
Read more: Guide To Visa Photo Size Requirements
3. Adhaar Card- Adhaar Card is proof of citizenship given to residents of India. It also acts as a proof of identification and address. The Adhaar card is one of the most critical and binding documents. It must be submitted in compliance with the guidelines set out below.
- A detailed copy of the information to be accessed by the officials must be provided.
- At the time of application, it must be intact and undamaged.
4. Pan card- Pan card is a document provided by the government to taxpayers in order to track their financial transactions. The PAN card is an important document issued by the government and it must be provided as proof of signature.
5. Flight ticket and proof of applicant stay in country – An air ticket is an important document and should be submitted for checking purpose. It must be checked for a journey back and forth to Oman. It has to be checked for the complete round trip.
Documents required for getting Business visa
- A passport that does not expire for at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- The visa application forms of the applicant.
- Two photographs of the applicant with dimensions 35X45mm which has 80% face size and white matt finish.
- The proof of the applicant’s stay in the country.
- Flight tickets.
- A proof the applicant’s travel insurance
- Covering Letter From Company – A cover letter from the company is provided on behalf of the employee if he or she travels to another country on behalf of the company for business. The cover letter given to employees should be accepted based on the following conditions. It should also mention the details of the traveller’s stay in the country. It must contain both the traveller’s and the company’s information and must be issued on the company’s letterhead including the official seal and signature. The cover letter is the first document to be seen by the embassy authorities. If the cover letter is not suitable, the visa may also be rejected.
- Invitation Letter From Company- An invitation letter from the organization shall be provided at a time when a particular employee is invited to the company or at a time when the company is setting up a business meeting or conference attracting companies from different countries to the benefit of the company.
Documents required for getting an Oman work visa
- Two photographs of dimensions 40X60mm.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- The passport should not expire at least 6 months from the date of travel.
- The original visa application form with multiple copies.
- The original labour permit that has been issued by Ministry of Manpower along with multiple copies.
- If a situation arises in which the applicant’s sponsor in Oman can not submit an application, the Omani delegate can, instead, submit a letter of authorization from the Directorate-General for Passport and Residence.
- Medical certificate is also needed as per the demands of the health ministry of Oman for the following countries: India, Ethiopia, Philippines, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Syria, Egypt, Sudan, Sri Lanka.
- A document stating approval of the profession from the concerned organization in Oman.
Suggested read: Proof of Accommodation for Visa: Explained
Documents required for getting a student visa
- Two pictures of the applicant of the size 40X60 mm.
- A copy of the passport of the applicant. The passport should not expire at least six months from the date of journey
- Authorized signature of the signatories issued by the Department of Commerce and industry.
- If a situation occurs in which the applicant’s sponsor can not submit an application in Oman, the Omani delegate may, instead, submit a letter of authorization from the Directorate-General for Passport and Residence.
- For people of the following countries, a medical certificate is also required in accordance with the requirements of the Oman Ministry of Health: India, Ethiopia, Philippines, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Syria, Egypt, Sudan, Sri Lanka.
- A license that has been issued by the responsible authorities that is sponsoring to study international students to study in Oman.
Tip: Make sure that you have a proper residential arrangement in Oman. If you don’t have proper living arrangements for Oman, then this could reject your visa.
Oman Visa Application Process
The Oman e-Visa is managed through the website of the Royal Oman Police. If you want to get Oman visa online, you need to apply online by visiting. You will see an amusing picture of the Sultan of Oman set against many of the important landmarks of Muscat on the website. Click on the “Know Your Visa Type” button to see all types of e-Visas available. You’re most likely to apply for a non-sponsored visitor visa, and there are about a dozen more sub-types under that category.
- Dubai / Oman Common Visa (Type 21) – It allows the visitor to the Emirate of Dubai to reach Oman directly without having to pay additional visa fees (note that this does not apply to other UAE destinations such as Abu Dhabi)
- The Oman / Qatar Common Visa (Type 20) – It allows the tourist to Oman to enter Qatar directly without having to pay additional visa fees.
- Multi-Entry Visit Visa (Type 36) – It allows you to visit Oman number of times within one year
- The Airport Transit Visa (Type 23) – It allows anyone travelling to Oman on their way to a third country to enter Oman for a short visit.
To initiate an application, you must create an online account on the Oman e-Visa website. One individual can apply on behalf of the entire travel party. Once you’ve created your account, start by clicking “Apply for Visa” and then “Apply for Unsponsored Visa.” You will be drawn to the Visa Eligibility Wizard, that asks you for your nationality and whether you are a citizen of a member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE). After that, you will be asked to choose the specific type of visa you are applying for. This will depend on how long you plan to explore Oman. The application process starts with the collection of basic personal details, such as your name and passport information. The next screen asks for the name of your marital status, and visa numbers of any previous Oman visas you have received.
This is proceeded by a page asking you to upload a recent portrait photo, as well as a picture of your passport information page. The standard criteria for passport photos are upright orientation, plain background colour picture, no glasses, etc. Nevertheless, since this is an e-Visa application, there is no obligation at all to have the photo taken professionally. You can click a photo on your mobile with the right background and the right measurements. The next few steps ask you to verify your request before you go to the payment page to pay fee.
The application process itself could not be more simple, according to the website of the Royal Oman Police, tourists are required to apply for their Oman e-Visas at least four days and not more than one month before they expect to arrive in Oman. After filling out all the details of the document, take the printout and send it to the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman in New Delhi (Oman Embassy in India) or to the General Consulate of Oman in Mumbai.
Tip: Make sure that you have filled your form completely. If there is any missing information, then this could be the reasons Oman visa refusal.
Oman visa application centers in India
1. The Embassy of Sultanate of Oman, New Delhi:
Address: The Embassy of Sultanate of Oman, Cultural division, EP – 10 & 11, Chandra Gupta Marg, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi, Pin – 110021.
Contact number: For people residing in India – 011-26885630/5631.
For people residing out of India – 0091-11-26885630/5631.
2. The general consulate of Oman, Mumbai:
Address: The General Consulate of Oman, 112, Maker Chamber IV, 11th floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021.
Contact number: For people residing in India – 022-22876038/6037.
For people residing outside India – 0091-22-22876038/6037.
Must read: Self Introduction letter for Visa
Track Visa Status
Indian citizens are eligible to apply for an Oman visa online. Their website allows you to track the application online. The applicant can check the status of the Oman visa online application by visiting the website.
Application processing time
Once the application has been submitted with complete information, it will be processed within the least amount of time. But, it is suggested that you submit your Visa Application at least 4 days in advance, as the processing times may vary depending on each Visa Application. The time required for processing a tourist Muscat visa usually takes 5 days and for processing a business Muscat visa usually takes 4-9 working days.
Oman Visa Fees
To apply for a Oman tourist visa, an Indian citizen needs to pay the Rs.7600.
To apply for a Oman business visa, an Indian citizen needs to pay Rs.7100.
To apply for a Oman student visa, an Indian citizen needs to pay of Rs.3464.
Read Further: A Guide to China Visa for Indians
1. Can I get Oman visa on arrival?
In March 2019, an Oman visa on arrival was replaced completely by an online visa system. As a consequence, if you are an Indian citizen and want to go to Oman, you need to apply online for an Oman eVisa.
2. How much does a visa to Oman cost?
- For tourist visa – Rs 7600.
- For business visa – Rs 7100.
- For student visa – Rs 3464.
3. How can I get Oman visa from India?
You can get Oman visa from India by applying online and following the procedure as mentioned above.